Expand your menu to appeal to more customers with quick and easy mix
Watson’s gluten free mixes have application in food service including restaurants, catering, cafes, bakeries, school cafeterias and other institutional food service use.
Looking for gluten free, nut free, wholegrain, vegan, organic, and non-GMO menu options? Our line of mixes for Restaurant and Food Service Applications will help you address these menu trends.
Watson manufactures a diverse line of complete gluten free baking mixes for foodservice applications that make it easy to add gluten-free items to your menu.
Watson’s gluten free mixes require the kitchen to add only oil and water (and yeast for bread mixes).
Food Service ready gluten free mixes include:
- Pancake Mix – Gluten free pancakes can be light, fluffy, and golden brown. Our mix will produce high quality pancakes with consistent results. The mix is easy to use, just add water and oil for great results. Gluten free pancakes provide you a way easily expand into gluten free menu options for breakfast. Available for Food Service applications in 5 lb., 20 lb., and 50 lb. bags.
- Waffle Mix – Gluten free waffles have good aroma, a lightly crisp edge, and golden color, all that your customer expects from a high end traditional or Belgium waffle. Fantastic for breakfast or dessert served with fresh fruit and toppings. These waffles are easy to make and will not add extra work for the kitchen staff. Just add water and oil, and you are ready to make waffles. They release well from the waffle maker and will earn you repeat customers. Available for Food Service applications in 5 lb., 20 lb., and 50 lb. bags.
- Brownie Mix – These gluten free brownies are truly unbelievable good. Our gluten free mix produces moist, fudgy brownies and brownie bites. We can’t say these gluten free brownies are as good as regular brownies because they are better. After you have tried these on your menu, you will realize there is no need to offer regular brownies. They are that good. Available for Food Service applications in 5 lb., 20 lb., and 50 lb. bags.
- Cookie Mix – Watson’s glut free mix will produce a whole range of delicious cookies that keeps your customers coming back for more. We designed this mix to be flexible. With creativity and starting recipes, it can produce a bakery case of cookies ranging from traditional chocolate chip to holiday favorites and gourmet variations. The whole family will enjoy these cookies, so there is no need to buy both gluten free and traditional cookies. Your customers will be delighted with the flavor and varieties from this cookie mix. Available for Food Service applications in 5 lb., 20 lb., and 50 lb. bags.
- Muffin Mix – With glueNONE™ muffin mix your kitchen can create an endless range of high quality breakfast and dinner muffins. Muffins have good shape and volume and a soft, moist crumb. Muffins are a great way to appeal to the gluten free consumer as a handheld breakfast on the go.
- Doughnut Mix – Yes, doughnuts! Up until now there has really not been a great gluten free doughnut available on the market. We are pleased to say that with our mix your bakery or kitchen can produce a high quality cake doughnut that can be decorated or glazed for additional appeal. These taste, look, and eat like a traditional cake doughnutut. Your customers will not be sacrificing flavor in order to adhere to their gluten free diets.
- Pizza Crust Mix – Looking for a way to offer a gluten free pizza crust? Look no further. Our gluten free mix will produce a thin or thick crust pizza. Just add water and oil. Pizza crusts have good bite and color and the dough resists shrinkage. Easy to use and you can now produce crusts on demand for your customers.
- Pie Crust Mix – Produce quality pie crust or short dough with our gluten free mix. Your bakery or kitchen can produce pie crusts, short breads, short bread cookies, and other treats with this mix. Pies are an essential offering on a gluten free menu, especially around the holidays. Until now making gluten free pie crust has been difficult and the results anything but consistent when working with gluten free flours with varying levels of water absorption. Our gluten free mixes allow you to produce pie crusts with confidence and consistent results.
- Bread Mix – Although the quality of commercially available gluten free breads has improved over the years, we felt there was still room for improvement. Our gluten free bread mix produces wonderful loaves of bread. We can help you get started by providing recipes for a range of specialty breads. All breads produced with our ix are wholegrain and meet the standard of the Whole Grains Council. They are also an excellence source of 10 essential vitamins and minerals.
- Roll Mix – Offer a range of gluten free rolls, biscuits, and buns. Expanding your gluten free menu options has never been easier. Start with our gluten free roll mix to make hamburger and hot dog buns, dinner rolls, hoagie style sandwich rolls, and even bagels. You can also make a variety of gourmet specialty nut and seed rolls or add fruits like cranberries or raisins to appeal to a broader audience.
- Tortilla Mix – Are your customers looking for the flavor and texture of a flour tortilla? Maybe you are interested in producing gluten free gourmet sandwich wraps? Our tortilla mix is the way to quickly and easily fill the need for gluten free flour style tortillas and sandwich wraps. The texture of a traditional flour tortilla or wrap without the gluten. No cracking and even blisters for a high-quality product and presentation.
Our mixes help you appeal to more customers
Watson gluten free mixes are not just gluten free; they are also egg- and nut-free and are available in wholegrain, vegan, organic, and non-GMO versions.
Over 14% of restaurants now offer gluten-free items.
Gluten-free dining is among the top 20 restaurant trends.
The gluten-free market is expected to grow 19.2% to reach $2.3 billion by 2019, creating a significant market for those in the foodservice area. In fact, according to Datassential MenuTrends, 14.8% of restaurants now have gluten-free offerings, and the National Restaurant Association listed gluten-free dining among the top 20 restaurant trends in 2014. As the quality and accessibility of gluten-free products continues to improve, diners want to have multiple options available to them at local establishments. Watson’s complete mixes make this easy, whether you are new to gluten-free or looking to grow your current offering quickly.
Gluten-free certification that is well respected and recognized in the celiac community
All of our gluten-free mixes are certified gluten-free by the Gluten Intolerance Group. Click here to learn more about Watson’s certification programs.
More options available
For those establishments in the healthcare sector or catering to a more health conscious clientele, Watson also offers our VitaBOOST10™, which contains ten essential vitamins and minerals that dieticians recommend those with celiac disease and other digestive disorders make a part of their regular diet. To learn more about our VitaBOOST10™ premix click here.