Bakery Bases and Mixes
Specialty & Prepared Mixes
- Deluxe Roll Base #7 and Golden Hearth 7XX – For hard and Vienna style rolls, formulated to accommodate a wide range of machining and baking conditions, as well as to assist bakers in saving time and improving efficiency while increasing consumer appeal. Recommended use rate is 7 lbs. per 100 pounds of flour.
- Golden Hearth Dinner Roll Base #15, with a 15 lbs. per 100 lbs. of flour usage rate, and Golden Hearth Deluxe Dinner Roll Base #20, with a 20 lbs. per 100 lbs. of flour usage rate, are powdered bases used to produce flavorful old-fashioned dinner rolls.
Watson also manufactures bases for low calorie, high fiber breads within our Fit ‘ N Trim product line.
Bread and Roll Bases
- Rye Base #10: Designed to aid production of rye breads and rolls.
- Bread Base #5: An easy-to-use base, designed to aid in the production of Italian bread, French bread, club rolls, hero rolls, etc. Recommended usage rate is 5 lbs. per 100 lbs. of flour.
- Potato Bread Base: A bromate-free base, specifically developed for hearth or pan-style potato breads and rolls. This base can be used in either sponge and dough or no-time dough systems, accommodating a broad range of machining and baking conditions, improving efficiency while increasing customer appeal. Usage rate is 7 lbs. per 100 lbs. of flour.
- Golden Hearth Rye Base 10 M: A bromate free base designed for the manufacture of zesty and flavorful New York style rye breads and rolls.
- Golden Hearth 501: A balanced base and bromate-free formula, designed for use in fresh and frozen dough products, such as white breads, whole wheat breads, soft rolls, hamburger buns, kaiser rolls, Italian breads, bagels, flaky croissants and baguettes. Usage rate ranges from 2 oz. per 100 lbs. of flour to 2 lbs. per 100 lbs. of flour, depending on the application.
- Deluxe Bread Base #5: Specifically designed for hearth breads, contributes excellent machinability, strength, and tolerance, and is also bromate-free. The usage rate is 5 lbs per 100 lbs. of flour.
- Bagel Base #5 (item code F110029) is specifically designed for bagels that combine a golden, crusty exterior with a soft and chewy interior.
For variety breads, Watson manufactures:
- Country Grain Base
- Country Oat Base
- Cracked Wheat Base