Drum to Hopper Blends
Complete blends of active ingredients, binders, and excipients such as fillers, disintegrants, and lubricants are required in manufacturing high-quality tablets. There is no need to preprocess Watson’s drum-to-hopper blends before manufacture of the finished tablets.
The Benefits of Watson Drum-to-Hopper Blends
• Reduced Production Cost: By providing a ready to use drum-to-hopper blend, Watson can reduce your labor costs substantially by eliminating preprocessing in your facility. This frees up your equipment, prevents production delays and reduces labor and equipment running costs.
• Quality Assurance: By providing a complete certificate of analysis with every lot shipped, Watson can reduce your in-house quality control process. Pre-shipment samples can also be arranged by customer request.
• Large Lot Sizes: By manufacturing in lot sizes up to 10,000 lbs., Watson can provide you with a minimal number of lots. Lot-to-lot variability is strictly controlled.
• Excellent Compression Profile: Drum-to-hopper blends provide good tablet hardness and low friability, ideal for smaller sizes.
• Physical Specifications: Watson’s strict physical specifications ensures uniform particle size distribution, good flowability, and high bulk density.