Watson’s EZ-Press™ Xylitol DC was formulated for direct compression tableting and has excellent flow and good compressibility. Applications include a direct compression diluent for tablets, compressed mints, and smooth-dissolve tablets. Rapidly soluble in the mouth and very smooth mouthfeel. Tablets have good hardness, low friability, and rapid dissolution.
Xyitol is a sugar alcohol (polyol).
|Name of sweetener||Xylitol|
|Calories per gram||2.4|
|Sweetness Index (equal to Sucrose which is the standard for the sweetness scale)||1|
|Description||EZ-Press™ Xylitol DC is a free flowing white powder ….|
|Mean Particle Size|
|Bulk Density||0.54 g/cc|
|Tapped Bulk Density||0.64|
|Carr’s Index *||15.6|
|Hausner Ratio *||1.19|
Benefits of Xylitol as a sweetener:
- Taste: excellent taste, comparable to sucrose
- Aftertaste: None
- Very smooth texture that solubilizes readily in the mouth
- Sweet and cool, refreshing effect which pairs well with mint flavors
- Xylitol is found in nature in some vegetables and fruits, including berries. Xylitol is naturally produced in small amounts by the human body through metabolic processes.
- Significantly fewer calories than sucrose.
- Low Glycemic index of 10, compared to the sucrose standard of 65.
- Maybe be suitable for a diabetic diet
- As with all sugar alcohols, Xylitol is not metabolized in the oral cavity, and therefore will not contribute toward tooth decay.
- Studies have shown significant benefits to oral care, including the reduction of plaque, caries, and bacteria, as well as the prevention of tooth decay.